Powered by Max Banner Ads
As I was perusing the blogosphere, I came across an article on Very Smart Brotha’s site which listed the life rules he will always follow. I enjoyed his list so much that I was inspired to publicize my “will always follow” relationship rules. A lot of my rules were learned as a child and there were some I picked up along the way that just made sense.
- As a woman, I will always fix my man’s plate and if it’s at all possible it won’t be on a paper plate. Now I learned this from my mother at a very young age. She taught me that as a woman this is part of your duty in taking care of your man. My father prefers not to eat on paper plates and I liked the symbolism that went with that. Here you have this strong man attempting to eat a manly plate of food on a flimsy too small plate. Just doesn’t seem right. No paper plates makes sense to me.
- If he opens the car door for me, I immediately get in and reach over to open his door. It’s about the common respect and courtesy for one another.
- If at all possible, never let him leave your presence hungry, horny, or angry. Again, something that just made sense to me. It’s in our human nature to vent our frustrations to others or seek reassurance, comfort, and/or solace from another person, usually from the opposite sex. Armed with this rule, extracurricular activities are minimized because a happy, full, and fulfilled man is a man not on the prowl.
- Cook, clean, and primary caretaker of the kids. I believe these are womanly duties. I see nothing wrong with sharing the duties but I feel as a woman these are my responsibilities and I take pride in them.
- Take time out for me! This is the most important rule because if I don’t have “me” time I won’t be any good to anyone. It dosen’t matter what it is as long as it is something for me and me only. Mama always said “if you don’t take care of you how can you take care of anyone else”. Great words to live by!
These are my 5 rules I will always live by. It doesn’t matter how tired or frustrated I become I will always use these rules to keep my man (I’m officially single now, moved out and moved on), myself, household, and family happy.